Friday, November 5, 2010

Going Home is Part of the Journey


I made my way through the arroyo near my house. A crevace of nature in the middle of suburbia. I watched my four dogs pounce and prance through the rain water travelling through the sandy canyon. They scampered after birds, sniffed with their noses touching the wet sand. They ran up and down hills and playfully wrestled along the way. It was then when I realized the small but significant similarity between myself and my loyal friends.


We happily enjoyed the autumn air.


When I called to notify them that we were turning around, they happily complied, and headed west with me.


They didn't care that today's journey was half over, they didn't resist the change. They weren't set on any specific direction by which to travel, but were happy to go any which way.


They discovered new things to sniff and see that they missed the first time they passed them.


Going home was still part of the journey. I realized I was quite content myself, with whatever it is that I've been doing. It doesn't matter what. I'm not resisting, but embracing change; reveling in each beautiful moment.


I'm fine on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment